For details of our Product Shows, please see our events section. For more information on Products Shows, contact our Products secretary (details in Officers section).
The Product Competition Rules of the National Angora Club are as follows:
1) Exhibitors/competitors must be paid up members of the NAC at the time of entry
2) All entries to be the property and handiwork of the entrant.
3) Any personal identification left on the item and visible will be a disqualification, but a description of the wool sample and exhibitors name should be stuck on the bottom of the container.
4) The schedule to be part of the rules of entry.
5) The NAC will take all reasonable care of entries and exhibits but except no responsibility for loss or damage. The insuring of valuable items to be the sole responsibility of the exhibitor/competitor.
6) The committee reserve the right to refuse to accept exhibits for display or competition without explanation.
7) Items for competition must be delivered by hand on the day of the show directly to the Products competition secretary, or by post to the address stated in the yearbook. To be delivered no later than 2 days before the show. Specifications requested in the schedule to be attached to the exhibit. Entry Fees and return postage to be included.
8) All wool samples must be clean, free of mats and knots and extraneous matter, i.e: dirt, straw, insect infestation and to weigh not less than 1/4 oz (7grams).
9) Wool to be well presented. Carefully collected from one rabbit and laid in a suitable container so that each line/layer is neat and lying in the same direction (i.e: cut/plucked end tips).
10) All yarn samples to be in skeins (hanks) and not balls, tied in 4 places and to weigh not less than 1/4 oz (7 grams).
11) All aspects of the exhibits manufacture to be taken into consideration when judging ie spinning, knitting, plying, weaving, lacemaking, crochet, making up, sewing techniques, buttons, buttonholes, decoration etc.
12) An exhibit may be shown under a judge only once, but may be exhibited under any number of different judges.
Schedule for Angora Products Competition
1) Clipped Wool - White : Sample to be not less than 1/4 oz (7 grams), 2.5ins (6-4cm) minimum staple length required when clipped, excluding the tips. To be presented with fibres parallel, tips together.
2) Clipped Wool - Coloured : As above, colour to be specified.
3) Plucked Wool - White: Sample not be less than 1/4 oz (7 grams), 4ins (10cm) min. staple length required when plucked, excluding the tips. Coloour to be specified. To be presented with fibres parallel, tips together.
4) Plucked Wool - Coloured : As above.
5) Satinized Wool - White or Coloured, clipped or plucked.
Sample weight and presentation to be as classes 1-4 as appropriate.
6) Yarn. Not less than 1/2 oz (14grams) skein (hank) tied in 4 places. Ply may include any number of strands. To contain a min. of 25% Angora. Specify technique, yarn composition and colour.
a) Spindle spun yarn, single pure angora or mixed composition
b) Spindle spun yarn, plied, pure angora or mixed composition
c) Wheel spun yarn, single, pure angora or mixed composition
d) Wheel spun yarn, plied, pure angora or mixed composition
7) Beginners Yarn. Entries limited to members with less than 3yrs spinning experience. To contain a min. of 25% angora. Specify technique, yarn compositions and colours (as above).
8a) Accessories - Hand Spun or other
8b) Accessories Felted.
Suggested entries hats, gloves, ties, badges, jewellery, pictures, cards, toys etc. Specify techniques and material used and quantity and colour of Angora. Small items may be mounted and displayed on card. Toys must be safe for children to use unless specifically for an adult.
9a) Garment - Handspun or other
9b) Garment - Felted
Ladies, gentlemans or childs garment using one or more techniques. Specify techniques used and composition of garment. To contain a minimum of 25% Angora, eg dyed, felted, hand-sewn, 50% silk, 25% Angora, 25% Wool.
10a) Outfit - Handspun or other,
10b) Outfit - Felted
2 complimentary items, eg hat and gloves. Minimum 25% angora overall.
11a) Shawl - Handspun or other
To contain a 25% angora minimum.
12) Sample Square - A sample square of handspun knitted, woven or crochet fabric to measure 6 ins (15cm) square. To contain a minimum of 25% Angora.
13) Beginners - Entries limited to members with less than 3 years spinning experience. Products from classes 8a, 8b, 9a, 9b, 10a, 10b.
14) Juvenille - A wool sample or an item of any description that must have some angora in it's makeup.